All About Partners In Rhyme
Neal Zetter is a London-based comedy performance poet – with a 25-year background in communication management and mentoring – who uses poetry (writing and/or performance) to develop literacy, confidence, self-esteem creativity and communications skills in 5-105 year olds.
Neal makes language fun and accessible for the least engaged and hardest to reach but can also stretch and challenge the most able. Neal has 22 years experience in West End comedy clubs, so everyone will have a good time!
Neal’s partner in rhyme is Adisa, he delivers Edutainment: great entertaining performances and workshops that challenge and question perceptions. His poetry observes life through the eyes of an African Griot born on a European shore, taking his audience on a journey of reflection wrapped tight in a humorous blanket. Dumping stereotypes in the trash harder than an NBA basketball star, his Europe-wide school work has been described as a giant pizza with toppings of African wisdom, observational comedy, life skills, and concert-like call and response routines.
Partner in Rhyme’s School Visits
Ideal for KS2 primary and KS3 or KS4 secondary, this is a fun and exciting day packed with learning from two exciting poets who know how to entertain and teach at the same time.
Events can be tailored to your needs and timetable but our suggested programme is:
One hour plenary performance to class/classes/year group where Neal & Adisa perform together then run a Q&A.
Neal and Adisa separately run at least a two-hour workshop each of 30 students (optimum) who will write a poem from a range of fun themes with the best ones being rehearsed for performance (no problem if students break in the middle for lunch etc.)
The day will finish with a one hour finale with a plenary performance of best students and their poems, Neal and Adisa performing (optional: teachers judges’ panel to select best student poems for small prize, merits etc)
Aims of day
• improve self-expression, self-esteem, confidence, creativity and literacy skills through writing and performing poetry in a supportive environment
• encourage pupils to develop own poetry style
• give pupils experience of two ‘real live’ performance poets
• give pupils an insight into how poets write, work etc
• provide pupils with a more unusual activity to those on the curriculum
• have fun!
• clean flip chart pad and flip chart board (one each)
• A4 blank or scrap paper (for planning), A4 lined paper (for poems)
• if in library no need for mic or PA
• music stand or lectern if one available
To Make a Booking
To make an enquiry about Partners in Rhyme, or any of the other authors, poets & illustrators listed on this website, please phone Trevor Wilson on +44 (0) 1535 656015, or email him at email@example.com
Further information on Neal Zetter or Adisa is available from their websites: